Monday, December 04, 2006

Skiing, it's Fun...Really...it's Fun...

Oy! My husband is pretty obsessed with skiing. Last January we learned how and natural athlete he is he picked it up just like that. Me on the other hand, well let's just say that a. I hate falling and b. I fell a lot. So I took some lessons and just tried really hard knowing that it's something my husband loves. Well last year I braved the "intermediate" trails. Thought I was doing fine and then BAM! I crash going full speed and somersault landing at an odd and painful angle. I'm pretty freaked out needless to say at the thought of skiing again. It seriously gives me anxiety attacks.

So now skiing is open at our ski resort. Ron wants to go Friday! Ack! I'm trying not to curl into the fetal position and cry but it's hard. I have explained that I'm scared and have even considered not going but stupid me, I love my hubby and want to do things that make him happy.

Well for the record Ron if we ski and I fall you're damn sure taking me museum hopping and you will wait while I read every single informative card about the exhibit!

Now for your viewing pleasure enjoy some video from last season!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been in your position many times. Here's my advice: Use the money you would have spent on ski rental/lift ticket/lessons for yourself and get your kid lessons instead (he will LOVE it and daddy will be so proud!) while you sit in the cozy warm lodge drinking wine and reading celebriy gossip magazines all day. This is the arrangement my husband and I have made and we are both pretty happy with it!